Hey guys! Josh and I have had an eventful couple of weeks! One of our best friends got married in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the famous 2017 Eclipse happened! 💫 🌙💐🎩 We also went to a Barons Baseball game, but that’ll be on the blog here in the next couple of days. Nothing says summer like a good ole’ road trip and a day the solar eclipse!
We took a few days off from the flip and drove all the way from Alabama to SLC, Utah!
Highlights of our SLC Trip
- We rented a car! Our drive was about 30 hours driving time there, but at least we rented a car for some extra comfort. Josh and I both agreed that this was our best road trip yet because the car was comfortable and we were well prepared with the Yu Yuhakosho to watch on the way.💻
- Breakfast at Les Madeleines Patisserie Cafe. This was a cute little spot that Josh’s sister Kim suggested for us(and also gave us a gift card too! Thanks Kim!). I thought the bacon, avocado, and egg sandwich was really good, but Josh wasn’t so in love with it. Either way it was picture worthy! We split a heavenly chocolate-raspberry tart too! I felt that this is definitely a good insta-spot– just as a heads up.
- The wedding was so beautiful. They got married in the Salt Lake City Temple, and it was definitely special. The spirit was very strong, everyone was in tears, and we’re so happy for you two! Congrats Moss and Lizzy! (We call Aaron by his last name(Moss) just in case you’re confused).
- The luncheon was like– 😮 gorgeous! It was at the Joseph Smith Building and it’s so pretty up there. The food was so good too. I got this to-die-for pesto chicken with potatoes and Josh had lasagna as big as my face! We made some awesome new married friends too!
- It was so much fun seeing Josh’s sister Kim, chatting with her in between events, and her graciously letting us stay over.
- The reception was cutely themed with italian soda’s, cute little assorted cupcakes, candy, and fun events! Moss and Lizzy sang together and everyone was so shocked. They are so good! They sang the song that he sang to her when he proposed– so romantic!💞 We hung out with friends and just had an over all good time.
- At the end they had a “paper airplane” send off. Everyone folded their own paper airplanes and then we threw them at them as they ran off! I thought it was a fun little idea.
The Solar Eclipse
For the eclipse we were here in Birmingham, Alabama for it. We were definitely jealous of our family up in Idaho Falls that got to see the full on totality of the eclipse, but still had a lot of fun here down south! No one had the glasses! Josh and I looked in pretty much every single store for eclipse glasses, but there were none left. We even looked at places like Home Depot for welding glasses! Josh, being the awesome inventor that he is, decided that we would make our own!
We made our own viewer out of Pringles cans haha. It was so much fun seeing it and making it a big deal! Our neighbor came out with us for a while and even the gas guy came and had a peek through our little makeshift-telescope-looking viewer. I thought it was amazing to see how it looked through my phone! We had fun discovering the little moon shadows dancing all over the ground and then went further and reflected it everywhere from leaves to our faces and more. This phenomenon has seriously inspired me to create some interesting writing and artwork. I’m excited to do some exploring!
The Eclipse 2017 from Birmingham, AL
What did you do for the eclipse? Comment below! 💬
Feel free to share this post to StumbleUpon or anywhere else! 😉