Hey hey! I’m all finished up with my finals! This past week was so stressful, I’m ready to leave that behind and look to the future ahead. Summer goals, guys. There’s something so special about a summer bucket list. In a way, it’s actually “Mid-Summer”, because I sort of have a late jump because of school. Midsummer reminds me of A Midsummer Nights dream! It’s sort of magical in a way. Summer is my absolute favorite time of the year. The summer is hot, the water is swell, the snow cones are endless, the music is loud, the bonfires are huge, the Netflix and chill lives on, and the bucket list is made! There are so many things I’d like to accomplish while it’s still #Summer17.
If you didn’t already know, I’m a “list girl”! I love making lists and organizing my thoughts and goals. Right now I’m currently watching the Great British Baking Show as I’m writing this. Does anyone else have a background show on while they’re creating?
I like to read other peoples goals because then they give me ideas! Feel free to steal any ideas for your summer bucket list!
17 Goals for Summer 17
- Finish the flip. Obviously, the first thing is we want to complete this house flip. The stuff we have planned for it we’re like oh it’s so cute tho, maybe we’ll stay? (Lol not really though mom, I know you’re worried)
- Get in the water! This kind of goes along with our trip we plan on taking to the Florida Keys. We want to go there for a few days to celebrate finishing the house. Most importantly, I want to swim as much as possible before the summer ends.
- Go to the Alamo. Josh loves the Alamo and Davey Crocket and all that. We plan to go through Texas on our way back to Idaho.
- Meditate more. I use to meditate every day, but as of late I’ve really been slacking. I need to get my yoga mat out, sip some herbal tea, and get in some Zen.
- Pen pal. I’ve started pen palling my friend Ari, and I think I want to make this a hobby. There are tons of pen pal ideas on YouTube that are super fun and crafty!
- Read my summer booklist. (I’ll be sharing this soon! Follow me on Goodreads here.)
- Practice my photography skills. After my Photography I class at BYUI, I’ve been motivated to really practice this craft! It’s a lot of fun (sometimes stressful), but is something I really want to get good at. I’ve been watching a lot of tutorials from Mango Street on YouTube, and they have some awesome tutorials that I’m going to put to the test!
- Be my best self. Sometimes I can have such high expectations of myself, but the best I can do is my best.
- Be more “me” on social media. What I mean is, I want to post more for myself rather than what I think I “should” post. Does that make sense? Does anyone else feel this way? Also, there are a lot of things that the internet world doesn’t know about me! For example, I am a huge closet Anime nerd. I bet almost nobody reading this would’ve guessed that.
- Drink more water. I’d like to get back to being a camel- my water drinking spirit animal.
- Go to a Drive-in movie. This is sort of a summer tradition! I have to go at least once a year.
- Eat cleaner. I feel so much better all around when I’m eating healthier; my skin is clearer, I have more energy, my mind is keener, and I feel more confident as well!
- Watch more movies. Haha, this probably seems funny because most people might say watch less. What I mean is a have come to a point where I pretty much only watch TV shows, and I want to go to the theatre more often and redbox too!
- Be creative every day. This is a need that I have. Everyone kind of has their thing. Doing creative things is what I have to do every day to feel like I’m accomplishing things or developing my talents. Includes; YouTube, photography, drawing, digital art, design, painting, writing, inventing, etc.
- Throw a summer party. I love parties. I love to throw them and decorate and DIY and invite everybody.
- Get back in the gym. (When we’re done with construction lol.)
- Dye my hair. I want to balayage my hair to make it “pop” a little more. Link me cute hair pins in the comment section?
What are some of your summer goals?
Comment them down below!